Sunday, February 04, 2007

My Crazy Sunday

Today was...interesting to say the least. First, Kelly called at 7:10 (five minutes before she and I were supposed to leave for church) telling me that she had the flu and wouldn't be able to go with me to Cornerstone. She was going to play the offertory and she and I were going to sing a duet. So now I had to play the offertory (I didn't even have a book, let alone a song ready to play!), work up the accompaniment to the song she and I were going to sing, record it on the Clavinova, and then sing it as a solo! Scary. Well, then Axel and I headed out to the car to go to church, and the car wouldn't start. After spending a half an hour in the -11 degree weather trying to coax the car into starting, then jumping the battery because we killed it trying to start the car, we finally got on the road. I was finally beginning to be able to feel my feet again, when I looked down at the gas tank and saw that it was almost on empty. So we had to stop for gas. We got there at 10:10...just twenty minutes before the morning service was to start...and I still had to work up two songs on the piano. Thankfully, Mrs. Carlson came in and told me that someone else had a special they could sing so all I needed was an offertory. By that time, though, I only just had time to run through it once. So I was basically sightreading it. But the Lord blessed, and it went okay. I ended up singing a solo in the evening service, though. It was so scary! I've never sung a solo in all my life. It went okay though. Axel and I had a great time together. We listened to Groban basically the whole way there and the whole way back. (We're both huge fans.) Anyway, here are some pics of the two of us:
Right after we got back.

Axel was making me laugh. She insisted on getting the Groban CD in the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home