Monday, November 21, 2005

Strange Side Effects of Music Majordom, Especially Brass Majordom

I've noticed some strange side effects of being a brass major, not the least of which are the following:
1) I have a mouthpiece shaped ring on my upper lip. It's there...all...the...time.
2) I have a tendency to get songs stuck in my head...in solfegge. (You know, "do re mi fa sol la ti do." We sing in solfegge in ear training class.)
3) I could tell you what a sharp six half-diminished seventh chord is. I could spell one for you in any key...in any inversion...without even having to think about it for a moment.
4) I am growing fond of the Canadian Brass.
5) When the chimes in the Old Main clock start to play, I hum the harmonies to the songs without even realizing I'm doing it.
6) I'm actually beginning to LIKE practicing.
I'll think of more later, but just now I have to go to Chambers choir rehearsal. Long live the music nerds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home