Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I Can't Think of a Title

Today was my first day of MWF classes. It went pretty good. I think I'm really going to enjoy my music history class and my English literature class. I think I'm in way over my head with Early American Political Thought (What was I thinking?). But I've decided not to drop out of it. I need to learn more about politics. That was something I learned while working at Panera this summer. One night I was working with a guy who's studying political science in college and hopes to become a politician. He was, in his words, "about as liberal as they come." I discovered that while I have good arguments for alot of the moral issues America's facing right now (e.g.- abortion, gay marriage, etc), I really don't have any idea why conservatives believe what we do about things like low tax loads and "the war." I can't hold to a view that I don't understand. And while I know that a class on early American politics isn't going to deal with modern issues directly, I think learning about the principles our country was founded on will help me come to a position on some of the issues that are being tossed around right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home